Capstone Inspections Ltd. Terms & Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What will we provide:
• A fully qualified inspector.
• Confirmation of your operational documents ensuring they conform to EN15567:2015-part 2.
• An alterations and amendment report within 48h of the inspection.
• A temporary certificate once all critical items have been addressed and evidenced.
• A Capstone Part 1 and Part 2 conformity certificate*.
• A written inspection report conforming to EN ISO 17020.
*the final certificate will be issued once all items on the alterations and amendments report have been evidenced and full payment received.
What we will do:
• Liaise with the center staff to discuss, a plan for the inspection, enquired if there any specific areas of concern that the inspector needs to pay particular attention to during the inspection process.
• Liaise with the designated rescuer to plan a rescue for the inspector.
• Enquired if are there any elements which carry a particular risk.
• Starting from the ground conduct a full on and off ground inspection of the agreed equipment.
• Video the inspection.
• Take photos of any defects found.
• Feedback to a competent staff member of the results of the inspection and also proved advice regarding proactively dealing with the maintenance of the course.
What needs to be available for our visit:
• Access to a competent staff member during the inspection to sign the pre inspection form the Part 2 self-declaration and the post inspection form also to answer any questions regarding the equipment and its use and to discuss any critical outcomes of the inspection.
• You will need to provide access to your course or specific element for the length of the inspection.
• If available, a fully qualified rescuer will need to be on hand for the duration of the at height part of the inspection.
• Any issues with the course need to be raised with the inspector prior to the commencement of the inspection.
• Copy of last PPE inspection report and daily inspection reports.
• For inaugural inspection, the drawings and calculations need to be received by Capstone inspections prior to the inspection taking place. If they are not received before the day of the inspection, the inspector cannot carry out the inspection, but you will still be charged. These documents can either be emailed as attachments or we can create a Google Drive or Dropbox folder for you to save them to.
• During a PPE inspection any piece of equipment that the inspector considers not fit for purpose we are legally obliged to render unusable this will involve cutting the equipment in a way that will render it unusable.
Cancellation or Delay:
• If the inspection is cancelled 7 days or less from the scheduled inspection date, there will be a charge of 50% of the inspection, plus all travel expenses.
• If the inspection is cancelled 30 days or less from the scheduled inspection date, you will incur any booked travel or accommodation charges.
• If there is or could be a delay with the completion of a build you will be required to contact us as soon as possible to ensure an alternative date can be arranged otherwise the above will be enforced.
• The completion of the booking form and agreement to the terms and conditions constitutes a contract between you and Capstone Inspections Ltd and is therefore governed by and construed in accordance with English law, being subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
No variation shall be of any effect unless in writing and by the authority of Capstone Inspections Ltd.
• 14 days before the inspection an invoice will be raised and issued, which is payable within 14 days according to the T&C’s set out on the invoice.
• BACS Transfer – Bankers' Automated Clearing Services.
• Cheque – made out to Capstone Inspections Ltd.
• The final certificate will be issued when payment is received in full, and all aspects of the inspection have been completed.
• Interest will be charged at 8% per month on overdue accounts.
• The Capstone inspector may change, modify or cancel the inspection if he or she determine that it is unsafe to continue this may including adverse weather conditions, your client's behaviour, your or your staff's behaviour and the state of the equipment.
Website Terms & Conditions
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable.
It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. All content is copyright and reproduction is prohibited unless explicit permission is given. All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website. Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s). Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Effective date: 01.02.2021
Subscribing to our Email/Mailchimp List
You can subscribe to our mailing list and give us your consent by entering your email address on our website and follow the instructions sent to you.
If you have previously attended one of our training courses, Industry Days, and asked to be put on our email list, we have also added your name to our email list. You can unsubscribe from our emails at any time by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of our Mailchimp communications, or by sending an email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not sell any personal information we receive to any third party.
Where Your Information is Safely Stored
We keep the information you have provided safe in the following ways:
When you sign up via our website, the information goes directly to our subscription list. When we want to send you emails we use a secure service provided by Mailchimp to send them on our behalf. They are compliant with the GDPR regulations.
When you sign up to our mailing list on your Personal Information form, your email address is manually added to the Subscribers List on Mailchimp. The paper copy of your Personal Information form is kept in a secure location until it is destroyed.
You have the right to be in control of how your personal information is used and you can do this in the following ways:
you can unsubscribe at any time using the link at the bottom of every one of our emails or by sending an email to email@example.com.
you can ask us for a copy of the personal information we hold about you
you can let us know if you want us to make any changes or corrections to information we hold about you
you can ask us to erase the personal information we hold about you
If you want to do any of these or have any questions about your personal information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to your request within 28 days.
Links To Other Sites:
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child/children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Capstone Inspections and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose.
Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Capstone Inspections. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Capstone Inspections takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
We may use a number of different cookies on our site. If you do not know what cookies are, or how to control or delete them, then we recommend you visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance.
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer's hard drive. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
More information on session cookies and what they are used for can be found here: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies/session-cookies-used-for.html.
Our Address: Head office: 19 South Road, Swanage, Dorset, BH19 2QR
Phone: +44 077366 41420
Operational inspection & maintenance courses, poles course inspection training and wire course inspection training.
We are now able to offer drone inspections etc. etc.
Some of our international clients' locations.
Paul Capper was a long serving employee of RCD. In addition to considerable experience as a constructor and trainer he was employed by RCD to oversee its inspection and maintenance requirements.
To this end, Paul is pragmatic in his approach, judicious in his judgements and brings with him a wealth of experience that is unsurpassed in his field. RCD recommends his services for all types of ropes course inspections.
Capstone Inspections deliver a professional service, carrying out inaugural inspections post construction of our High Ropes Courses and offering sound, professional advice to ensure we conform to the relevant EN standards.
With regular updates from Capstone Inspections we have been able to keep up to date with regulations and periodically review and improve our designs. We also recommend Capstone carry out the annual inspection to all our clients.
As designer and builder of ropes courses regarding the standard EN 15567-1, -2, we found out that Capstone Inspections are the best party to find for Inaugural and Annual inspections.
Paul Capper is very dedicated to carry out his job, he is very sharp on safety and as we have seen due to his over 20 years of experience he is tremendously skilled to carry out inspections at all kind of ropes courses. I thoroughly would recommend one to hire the knowledge and capability from Capstone Inspections for your ropes course and high events!
Vertex has worked with Capstone for many years and considers them to be the most experienced ropes course and adventure park inspection company in the industry. Paul Capper also undertakes Instructor & Rescuer Training as well as bespoke training on behalf of Vertex and is a highly regarded and excellent trainer.
We worked together with Capstone to create the original Operational Inspection & Maintenance Training Course, designed for your staff to become qualified and competent in the operational inspections required for your course and facility to meet the requirements of EN 15567: 2015. We would have no hesitation in recommending Paul and his team for all your inspection needs.
A ropes course should be both structurally sound and operationally safe. A structurally robust ropes course is not necessarily safe for use - a factor often overlooked by structural engineers. Safety is the number one priority for Zip World. Inspections ensure adventures are fit for purpose in every respect; however, this requires extensive experience on the part of the inspection body. This can only be achieved through many years of relevant experience combined with a high level of competence.
Capstone’s inspectors have many years experience in ropes course construction, maintenance and operation. Capstone plays an important role in all of our inspection processes.
Capstone provides more than just an inspection process, Paul Capper is a source of invaluable industry-specific advice on safe zip-line operations.
If you'd like to get in touch please see all our details on the contact page, you can call us on:
(+44) 07365 673770
HQ Operations Team - Dorset UK
Inspection Team- North Wales, Cumbria, South West UK